Compendium of all posts from 2019
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON DECEMBER 01ST, 2019
Our homepage and database of sighting reports have been updated, as of the current date, December 01st, 2019. We are contrite over the long delay in updating the site, a delay which was caused by a number of factors, several of which were largely out of our control. We apologize to those individuals who visit our site on a regular basis for the delay.
Even just a casual survey of the newly posted reports will alert a visitor to the many reports of a dramatic display of satellites that have been reported to NUFORC from around the world. The Space-X Corporation launched a capsule from Cape Canaveral on the morning of Monday, November 11, 2019, which contained at least 60 much smaller “micro” satellites, intended to be released from the capsule, and then positioned in their respective orbits around Earth. Dramatic and peculiar in appearance though the cluster of satellites is, and despite what many people initially suspected, the objects are of terrestrial origin. For the time being, we have included in our database of sightings the several hundreds of reports we received about the cluster, principally to illustrate how easy it is to cause human observers to be deceived by a new, and eye-catching, visual phenomenon. We include a photo below, graciously provided by “DV,” of El Pescadero, CA, which is exemplary of the dramatic appearance of the clustered satellites, as they are being released from their capsule.
We will update our website again within the next several days, and will highlight some of the more interesting reports that have been submitted to NUFORC over recent weeks.
Posted on Sunday morning, December 01st, 2019.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 04, 2019
The NUFORC website has been updated, as of this date, with the posting of 454 new sighting reports, received at our Center since Thursday, September 19th, 2019.
Because of this unusually large number of reports over the past two weeks, and because of our haste to get them posted to our site this week, we have had to forgo a careful editing of the reports. Consequently, there are many reports among those we have posted today that have only been visually “scanned” for profanity and personal information, and have not undergone a careful proof-reading and editing. Hence, whereas we always caution visitors to our website to be on the alert for flawed reports, and reports which may be out-and-out hoaxes. We expect to proof-read the reports again, and more carefully, during the upcoming weekend, and expect to post them again in “cleaner” form.
Gallipolis, Ohio, Saturday, September 21st, 2019, @ 11:13 p.m. (Eastern): A husband (former law enforcement) and wife (scientist), while sitting outside their recreational vehicle at a public campsite, witness a very bright light approach their campsite from the south in an erratic manner, appearing to slow or stop on several occasions as it drew near. It got within 50 yards, they estimate, of their campsite, at which time, out of a sense of alarm, the husband reached for his .45 caliber sidearm, but he felt unable to use his arm, or lift the firearm. The object, estimated by the witnesses to have been approximately 20 feet in diameter, hovered nearby for approximately 8 seconds, and then suddenly accelerated toward the west, and disappeared very quickly to the west. Witness Report
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Thursday, October 03rd, 2019, at ~7:00 p.m. (Eastern): At least five people witness a “fleet” of “cigar-shaped” craft that appeared to change their color from bright red to silver. The objects are reported to have been able to move abruptly across the sky, and they also appeared to be able to disappear briefly from sight. The objects seemed to the witnesses to move only in a horizontal plane, and did not appear to the witnesses to change altitude. One witness comments that other people nearby seemed oblivious to the presence of the objects in a cloudless sky! Witness Report
Peter Davenport is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, on Friday night, October 04th, 2019, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific). Peter will discuss the two interesting reports above, plus several others.
We may update elements of our homepage again over the upcoming weekend, to include several illustrations.
Posted Friday evening, October 04th, 2019.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE WILL BE UPDATED OVER THE UPCOMING WEEKEND
Because of an unusually large number of reports that have been submitted over the past week, the updating of our website, which usually is performed on either Thursday or Friday, on a weekly basis, will be delayed by a few days. Whereas our Center has become accustomed to posting between 300 and 500 reports per month, we have already received over 650 reports during September, and the month isnt closed yet! We have no explanation for the marked increase of reports this month.
Burns, Oregon, on or before July 30, 2019: An alarming mutilation of five Hereford bulls was brought to our attention during August, and we share that information here. We have no conclusive evidence that the incident is in any way related to the UFO phenomenon, but the classic pattern of mutilation, combined with the absence of human footprints near the five carcasses, raises our level of suspicion that it was not the result of human action. Here is an article, published by the Capital Press of eastern Oregon.
Peter Davenport, Director of NUFORC, is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by Mr. George Noory, on Friday night, September 27, 2019, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific). Peter will discuss some of the more interesting recent reports that have been submitted via NUFORCs Online Report Form, over the past several weeks.
We will update our site again soon, once we have managed to proof-read the deluge of reports that have been submitted to our Center recently.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON SEPTEMBER 19, 2019
We have updated the database of sighting reports today, Thursday, September 19, 2019, with the inclusion of 167 new reports, received via our Online Report Form since last Friday, September 13th, 2019. Given that our staff is under severe time pressure at the time of this update, we will not feature on our homepage specific cases, save for the one report from Taos, New Mexico, which was submitted to our Center just this past week. That case can be accessed here. A link to an article that appeared in the Taos News appears in a prior posting.
We will feature certain other interesting cases when we next update our site, and will include illustrations or photos that have been submitted to our Center over recent weeks.
As always, we encourage visitors to our website to read everything we post there, but to be discriminating in what they accept at face value. We urge everyone to be cautious about what they believe, without more evidence than what one written report, submitted by a single source, has to offer the reader.
Peter Davenport is a scheduled speaker at the Mile High Mystery Conference, to be held in Manitou Springs, Colorado, during the upcoming weekend, September 20-22, 2019.
Peter is schedule to make his weekly update on Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, today, Thursday, September 19, 2019, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific). Peter will revisit briefly the Taos, New Mexico, case, which he has discussed during recent appearances. In addition, he will discuss a sighting report of a diamond-shaped craft that allegedly was submitted by a staff member at the Washington State penitentiary, located at Connell, Washington. She reports that a large group of inmates witnessed a craft, with intensely bright white lights in the corners, circle the prison complex an estimated 15 times. The air space around the prison is closed to conventional air traffic.
Posted Thursday evening, September 19, 2019.
NUFORC WEBPAGE UPDATED ON SEPTEMBER 12, 2019
Our website has been updated as of this date, with the posting of 90 new sighting reports, received by our Center since Friday afternoon, September 06, 2019. In addition, we have re-posted 60 older reports that have had to be corrected, or amended, in one way or another.
Although prank calls, and we presume, prank reports, appear to have diminished in number, over the past several weeks, they still appear to be a problem. Consequently, we encourage visitors to our website to be alert to the possibility that the cases posted here are uninvestigated, and may be flawed in any of many ways. Even those reports from sincere and serious-minded witnesses may have been submitted with an erroneous time or date, so our counsel to visitors to the site is be discriminating when you read the material posted there.
Piqua, Ohio, Monday, July 15, 2019, @ 8:25 p.m. (EDT): An adult male, who describes himself as a very experienced engineer, and who occupies a very responsible position in the aviation industry, describes the sighting of a most bizarre looking object, which he alleges to have seen hovering over his backyard, and which he surmises may have be a “portal.” Almost as quickly as the witness first became aware of the presence of the object, it zipped out of his sight. His impression is that the object caused light distortion along its trailing edge, as it suddenly accelerated and streaked off. The witness was emotionally shocked by the event, and has thought about it for the past two months! ((NUFORC Note: We spoke via telephone with the witness, and we found him to be exceptionally eloquent and serious-minded. That fact, combined with his technical background as an experienced engineer, strongly suggests that he probably is an exceptionally skilled, and reliable, eyewitness. PD)) Witness Report
Peter Davenport is scheduled to speak at the Mile High Mystery Conference, to be held in Manitou Springs, Colorado, on the weekend of September 21-22,, 2019. Peter will present several dramatic cases, and will include in his talk a discussion of evidence in his possession which may suggest that an alien presence on our planet may be interacting with cetaceans. In addition, he will attempt to discuss his proposal to detect the presence of UFOs directly, using so-called “passive” radar. Details about the conference, and about its line-up of speakers, can be accessed at the conference website, https://www.milehighmysteryconference.com.
RADIO: Peter Davenport is schedule to make his weekly appearance on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, tonight, Thursday, September 12, 2019, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific). Peter will discuss the case shown above, in addition to several other more recent cases.
COMPLIMENT TO THE TAOS NEWS, TAOS, NEW MEXICO
In our update last week, we included a sighting report by two elk hunters, who allegedly had witnessed, near Taos, New Mexico, a strange craft sitting on the ground, and the next day, two very bizarre looking alien creatures standing beside one another. When we spoke via telephone with one of the two witnesses on September 3rd, we encouraged the gentleman to contact the local press, which he apparently did, accompanied by his hunting partner. The Editor of the Taos News, Ms. Staci Matlock, did interview the two hunters, and wrote a wonderful article, for which we would like to compliment her. The article is linked to here.
We will post again, within the next several days, to include some interesting footage of strange “fireballs,” which have been reported to our Center for the past seven years, and which remain unexplained.
Posted Thursday afternoon, September 12, 2019.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 06TH, 2019
We have updated the NUFORC website as of this date, with the posting of approximately 500 new, and revised, UFO sighting reports.
We always urge visitors to our site to be cautious in what they accept as being true, when reading the reports. Most of the reports we believe to be sincere and accurate, but we cannot be certain of that fact, and we are sure that some of the reports contain data that is flawed, in one way or another. Moreover, some of the reports may be out-and-out hoaxes, so be cautious when you read any of the reports, would be our counsel.
Here are a couple of reports that in our opinion deserve special attention:
- Leyden, Colorado, Saturday, August 31st, 2019, @ 8:08 p.m. (Mountain Daylight Time): A professional taxi driver witnesses an unusual light in the evening sky, and he captures high-quality video of the object. There is a link to the video embedded in the text of the witnesss description. The light is seen maneuvering extensively across the sky. Witness Report
- Taos (rural), New Mexico, Sunday, September 01, 2019, @ (time of day unknown): Three elk hunters allegedly witness two alien creatures, standing upright, on a nearby hill top. The next day, two of them return to the same area to look for evidence, and they allegedly witness an unusual looking craft resting on the ground. ((NUFORC Note: We are awaiting written reports from the witnesses, but post here a brief summary of a telephone conversation we had on Tuesday, September 03rd, with one of the witnesses. ((NUFORC Note: The witness with whom we spoke stated that no one managed to get a photo of either the alleged alien creatures, or the strange craft that was sitting on the ground, which was a bit surprising to us. However, we learned late on the day of this posting that two of the witnesses had approached a local news outlet in the city of Taos, NM, and shared their story with a reporter, which is a very encouraging sign to us, as to the sincerity of the witnesses, and the likelihood that the story is true. PD Click here to read the news story. )) Witness Report
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATE ON AUGUST 23, 2019
We have updated our website, as of Friday, August 23, 2019, with the posting of approximately 630 new, and newly edited, UFO sighting reports, received since August 1st, 2019.
We apologize for the long delay in updating the website, which principally was the result of a balky computer program. In addition, a public presentation by Peter Davenport, several groups of guests and overnight house guests, and a myriad of other demands on our time, from all directions, all played a role in the delay, as well. However, we expect to have our computer problems solved today, or within several days, which will make the processing of reports a much less time-consuming task, and which should have us back to keeping to our traditional schedule of updating the website on a weekly basis.
There are many interesting, and compelling, reports, among the ones weve posted today, but we highlight below a few that especially caught our attention:
- NJ Garden State Parkway (near Exit 38 B), New Jersey, Monday, August 12, 2019, @ 9:00 p.m. (Eastern): A husband and wife were driving north on the NJ Garden State Parkway, when their attention was drawn to two peculiar white lights that appeared to be approaching their location. Suddenly, they realized that the lights were affixed to a very large, triangular craft, which maneuvered to above the highway and hovered. The witnesses could see “windows” on the top of the craft, from which light appeared to emanate. Traffic was passing underneath the craft. ((NUFORC Note: We spoke with the wife, and found her to be exceptionally eloquent, and seemingly, quite serious-minded about the sighting she and her husband allegedly had experienced.)) Witness Report
- Weehawken, New Jersey, on August 20, 2019, @ 3:00 a.m. (Eastern): An adult male witnessed a bright star-like object hovering in the early morning sky. The object began to move across the sky, moving to the east, and was joined by a second similar-looking object. We believe that the video we provide here is video provided by the witness through Mr. William Westhoven, who works as a journalist for the Daily Record newspaper in Rockaway Township, NJ. Witness Report Video
We expect to update the site again, within the next several days.
Posted Friday afternoon, August 23, 2019.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON AUGUST 01ST, 2019
We have experienced minor computer problems recently, which has prevented us from processing the approximately 180 reports that we have received via our Online Report Form since Thursday, July 25th, 2019. However, we will post links to several reports that we have posted during prior weeks, but which we have not featured during past weeks. We will update our database as soon as we have solved the difficulties were experiencing with our computer.
Here are a few written reports that we have found to be of particular interest:
- Benicia, California, Wednesday, July 17, 2019, @ 9:50 p.m. (PDT): An adult male, who describes himself as an experienced sky watcher, was viewing the night sky to the north of his location with his 10 x 42 binoculars, when he noticed what at first he assumed was a very faint satellite. However, as he watched the object, he noticed that it appeared to be moving across the sky with a distinctly erratic motion. On at least two occasions, the object executed circular “loops.” The jerky movements were quite pronounced, the witness reported, equaling approximately 5% of the field of view of the binoculars. Witness Report
- Charlotte, North Carolina, Friday, July 19, 2019, @ 9:50 p.m. (EDT): An adult male, while swimming in a pool, suddenly spots a peculiar-looking white light that attracted his attention. Within a minute, he estimates, several more, maybe six or seven, appeared in the same area of the sky. Over the course of the next 10-20 minutes, he witnessed, he estimates, an additional 60-80 more of the strange lights. A family of three, who were also present at the pool, saw the same lights, and they, too, were perplexed by them. Witness Report
PUBLIC APPEARANCES BY PETER DAVENPORT
Peter Davenport has been invited to speak briefly in Spokane, Washington, at the Saturday, August 10, 2019, monthly meeting of the Washington State Chapter of the Mutual UFO Network (“MUFON”). The meeting will take place in the Spokane Valley Library, 12004 Main Avenue, Spokane, and is scheduled to be convened at 1:00 p.m.. The first speaker will be by Mr. Dan Nims, Washington MUFON State Section Director for Eastern Washington State. Peter is scheduled to speak for 30 minutes, beginning at 1:20 p.m., and will speak on recent cases from Washington State, and on the use of “passive” radar for detecting UFOs. Peter will be followed by Maurene Morgan, MUFON Washington State Director, who will speak on significant events in ufology.
Peter is scheduled to speak at the Mile High Mystery Conference, to be held in Denver, Colorado, during the weekend of September 20-22, 2019. Please see the logo and website below on this homepage for details of the conference.
Peter Davenport is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by Mr. George Noory, on Thursday night, August 01st, 2019, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific Daylight Time). Peter will discuss the two cases feature above, as well as several other interesting cases.
Posted Thursday afternoon, August 01st, 2019.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATE ON THURSDAY, JULY 25, 2019
We have updated our website, as of this date, July 25th, with the posting of 262 new sighting reports which have been submitted to our Center, via our Online Report Form, since July 12th, 2019. And for the second time, over the past four weeks, we feel duty-bound to alert visitors to our site to be particularly vigilant for flawed or prank cases, given that, once again, we have not had the time this week to devote as much time to the screening, proof-reading, and minor editing of the new cases that we feel should be devoted to that effort. Consequently, we urge those who read the reports to be on the lookout for dates and time that seem inappropriate; for the inclusion of personal data in the text of the report; and any indicator that the case might be a hoax. Most of all, we apologize any oversight we may have committed in an all too cursory screening process regarding any coarse language that missed our attention, or other offensive content. If a reader finds what appears to be a glitch in a report, please send an alert to firstname.lastname@example.org , and I will deal with the issue forthwith.
PHOTOS AND ILLUSTRATION
Several visitors to our site have commented that they would like to see more photos, videos, and illustrations than the ones we have posted in month past. We are aware of the paucity of graphics, and will begin a special effort to post more of them than we have done in the past. The principal limiting factor has been the time that processing illustrations takes, in order to get them to the homepage and not just Peters time, but the time it takes our webmaster to process and post them. Our webmaster, Christian, is usually as pressed for time by his normal job, as Peter Davenport is in collecting, processing, and conveying it to the webmaster.
Peter is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM radio, hosted by Mr. George Noory, on Thursday night, July 25th, 2019, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific).
Peter is scheduled to speak at the Mile High Mystery Conference, to be held in Denver during the weekend of September 20, 21st, and 22nd, 2019. More information can be obtained at the Conference website, www.milehighmysteryconference.com. We hope to see you there!
Also, Peter has been invited to make a short presentation at the MUFON monthly meeting, scheduled to take place in Spokane, Washington, on Saturday, August 10th. Time and location will be posted here next week, or more information can be obtained by contacting Maurene Morgan, MUFON State Director for Washington State, at Olympic.email@example.com.
Time permitting, we will attempt to post more material over the upcoming weekend, to include some illustrations.
Posted Thursday afternoon, Thursday, July 25th, 2019.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON JULY 12, 2019
We have updated the website, with a posting of 286 reports that are either newly received since July 5th, or recently amended, based on new information. In addition, we have finally found the time to include in our update several photos, videos, links, and illustrations, which we hope visitors to our website will find interesting.
We always caution visitors to our website to be cautious with regard to accepting, at face value, the claims made in the reports and statements we post. Obviously, they arrive at our Center from many sources, who may have unknown agendas.
MYSTERY LIGHTS CAPTURED BY SECRITY CAMERAS
We post here two videos, and a link to a third, from three different security cameras that have captured footage of a strange phenomenon, with which we are unfamiliar. We have NO reason to believe that the peculiar objects seen in the footage are in any way linked to the UFO phenomenon, but they have captured our attention, and we would like to resolve the mystery.
We suspect that because all three clips were captured by cameras manufactured by the same company, the peculiar clusters of lights are a system error, or characteristic, of the camera software. A second possible explanation we have come up with is that the six white lights could be droplets of dew, clinging to a short strand of spider web. However, we recognize that the likelihood that droplets of dew would be equally spaced under this scenario is extremely low, and much less so in three disparate cases.
Here is the first example we received, from Poyntelle, Pennsylvania, on May 1st, 2019, of footage captured on April 25, 2019, at 3:14 a.m. (EDT).
Here is a link to the second footage we received, which arrived on June 03rd, 2019, and which reportedly was taken at 4:30 a.m. (CDT) on that date. The link was provided by a source in telephone area code 214 (Dallas, Texas), ostensibly of the same, or similar, phenomenon, as seen in the first case above.
Here is the third example of similar footage we received just today, July 12th, 2019, from a source in Canal Point, Florida, of footage taken at 11:17 p.m. (EDT) on July 06th, 2019.
If anyone can explain to us what the cause of the phenomenon, seen in the footage, is, we would welcome an e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Peter Davenport is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by Mr. George Noory, at 10:15 p.m. on Friday, July 12, 2019. He will discuss several of the reports posted to our website today.
This statement posted Friday afternoon, July 12, 2019.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, JULY 05TH, 2019
Traditionally, we read every report before posting it, but this week may be the rare exception to that tradition. Hence, we post the sighting reports, knowing that there certainly are many flawed reports in those that are being posted on this date. We urge readers to be on special alert for improperly reported times and dates, and we apologize for any coarse language that may appear in the reports, which we traditionally remove before posting the latest sighting reports.
Two reports that we would like to highlight in this preliminary update are the following:
- Alaska (north of the Arctic Circle), February 1990, during daytime: A former USAF F-16 pilot reports intercepting, together with his wingman, three “barrel-shaped” objects, during a “scramble” and attempted intercept of targets that had been detected by ground radar. The peculiar-looking objects allegedly were seen by both fighter pilots to descend from a very high altitude, stopping suddenly within 200 meters of ground level, covering that distance at a velocity that the pilots estimated to be “Mach 6.” Witness Report
- Akron, Colorado, June 30, 2019 @ 08:25 hrs. (MDT): The crew members of a Delta Airlines airliner, flying at an altitude of 34,000 feet, reported witnessing a metallic-looking sphere, the size of which they estimated to be “approximately the size of the flight deck” of their aircraft. The crew estimated that the object was within 1,000 vertical feet of their aircraft. The incident was reported to NUFORC by an Air Traffic Controller at the FAAs Denver Air Route Traffic Control Center, an audio copy of which can be heard here.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, JUNE 27TH, 2019
We apologize for the recent interruption, over the past several months, of our traditional weekly updates of the NUFORC website. The delays have been the result of both Peters travel schedule and speaking engagements, and our webmasters business commitments. With this posting, we hope to restore our updates to our traditional weekly posting schedule.
We always caution visitors to our website to be on the alert for flawed reports, particularly with regard to time and date of an alleged sighting. In addition, we encourage those individuals always to be on the lookout for prank reports. We usually proof-read the reports, before clearing them for posting to our website, but we know from experience that we are capable of egregious oversights in the course of that process. That fact is particularly true when we are being burdened with a high volume of reports, and when we are experiencing other demands on our time, as well, both of which have been the case, recently.
We highlight below a few recently received cases that have caught our attention recently, and which we believe deserve the special attention of visitors to our site:
- Mediterranean Sea, Sigonella Naval Base (in-flight), December 16, 1997, @ ~02:00 a.m. (local): A former radar operator aboard a P-3 “Orion” anti-submarine aircraft reports his having been alerted by the flight crew to the presence of a peculiar object that was in proximity to their aircraft. The radar operator attempts to detect the object with the onboard radar, but is unsuccessful in doing so. However, he does manage to detect the object, using the aircrafts forward-looking infrared detection system. He moves to the flight deck of the aircraft and sees the strange object visually. The witness who provided the report describes himself as a pilot. Witness Report
- Los Angeles (LAX), California, Friday, May 24, 2019, @ 4:40 p.m. (PDT): An adult male, who describes himself as a frequent flyer, describes witnessing a metallic-looking sphere streak by the commercial aircraft he was on, as the plane set up for landing to the east at Los Angeles International Airport. The witness emphasizes how fast the object was moving, and the fact that it was visible for only 2-3 seconds. Witness Report
- Newark Airport, Monday, June 24th, 2019, @ 1:26 p.m. (EDT): A husband and wife witness a small, peculiar-looking round, metallic object that seemingly was in near proximity to arriving and departing aircraft in the main traffic pattern. NUFORC encouraged the wife to contact the Airport Security office at the airport, and was told that “a drone” was being flown in the vicinity of the commercial airliners! Witness Report
PECULIAR OBJECTS SEEN IN THE DAYTIME SKY
Beginning on June 18, NUFORC has been receiving reports of apparently high-altitude, brightly illuminated, seemingly spherical objects in the daytime sky. This type of object has been reported to our Center from Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, Colorado, Oregon, California, and perhaps other states, as well. Our original suspicion was that the objects were helium-filled balloons, launched by either a government organization, or by a private company, but no news agency we are aware of has been able to identify the organization that has launched them. WHIO-TV in Dayton, Ohio, reported last week that their offices had contacted the U. S. Air Force, DARPA, the FAA, and Google, and perhaps other companies that also are know to launch large balloons, and all of them declined any knowledge about the craft.
What NUFORC finds curious about the objects is that they are reported to appear in clusters of up to three objects (Please see June 18 sighting report from Germantown, OH.), and they are reported by some witnesses to remain in one small area of the sky for upwards of two hours, and in unwavering formation, relative to each other.
Other interesting facts surrounding the objects is that several witnesses have reported to NUFORC that the objects suddenly just disappeared from their sight, and that the object seemed to accelerate very quickly and go streaking out of sight, as well.
We are very interested in the phenomenon, despite the fact that we have scant evidence about it. Consequently, we would request that anyone who knows what the source of any launched balloons might be to contact our Center and share any evidence they may have that would serve to explain the phenomenon. Thank you!
We probably will update the website again before July 4th, but in the event we are unable to do so, we would take this opportunity to wish every American a Happy Independence Day!
Posted on Thursday afternoon, June 27th, 2019
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON JUNE 07, 2019
After a long hiatus, we finally have updated our website, with the posting of more than 500 new sighting reports, submitted to our Center since Tuesday, May 14, 2019. We apologize for the long delay in updating, which was caused principally by the extended travel and speaking schedule of Peter Davenport, Director of NUFORC.
Also, a large number of reports was submitted to NUFORC, as a result of the launching from Cape Canaveral of 60 “Space Link” micro-satellites, which were released in a cluster, and which caused a very dramatic display in the nighttime sky. The cluster of satellites gave rise to several hundred reports, each of which had to be processed in the same way that all other sighting reports are proof-read and, when required, edited.
If visitors to our website would like to see an example of how difficult the work of a UFO investigator can be, with regard to trying to understand what the cause of a sighting report might be, we would encourage them to read the reports from the night of May 23rd, 2019, when the satellites were launched aboard a Space X rocket, and for several days subsequent to that launch. We recommend that visitors read the numerous reports, and then stop to consider that all of the diverse descriptions provided by witnesses are of the same event. The diversity of descriptions, e.g. of size, color, number of the objects in the cluster, is striking, and is an example of how difficult it often is to collect data that is both accurate, and consistent. The work of a UFO investigator, and in fact, of any other type of investigator, can be, and often is, frustrating, and sometimes frustrating in the extreme, when dealing with human eyewitnesses!
Nevertheless, there are many high-quality reports among those that we have posted today, two of which we highlight below for visitors reading pleasure:
- Eglin Air Force Base, Florida, March 01st, 1978, @ 10:00 a.m. (Eastern): An adult male describes witnessing a disc-shaped craft, with USAF insignias affixed to it, sitting in and Air Force hangar during a conducted tour of the base by a group of young AFROTC cadets. We post below the complete text of the gentlemans written report, which does not yet appear in our database of cases.
BEGIN TEXT OF REPORT:
Group of USAF cadets and an officer saw a saucer at an air force base.
This is not an air sighting. I was a member of a group of AFROTC visiting group to Eglin AFB in 1978. This group consisted of ten cadets (six under contract to the USAF including myself) and a Lt. Col., our advisor. During our visit we were touring the base in a USAF bus, much like an old school bus, painted a blue/gray.
We were trans-versing the flight-line between many large hangers, mostly closed. We came to a stop at a crossroads stop sign. I happened to look to our left into an open hanger and saw a saucer-shaped craft approx. 30 feet across with a central dome. The craft stood on three spindly legs that did not look capable of holding up such a large craft. There were USAF markings on the upper portion, much like fixed-winged aircraft.
I called it to the attention of others, five were pretty close friends. Several took snapshot pictures of the craft. The officer with us definitely saw the craft as well. We observed the craft for at least four minutes, till the bus moved past the stop sign.
Within 50 feet, our bus was surrounded by AF Security Police, in full combat gear, in jeeps and trucks. The officers entered our bus and took everyone’s cameras and removed the film on the spot! We were hustled the bus into a nearby hanger serving as offices. We were officially debriefed and sworn to secrecy under threats of prison for revealing anything about what we had observed in the hanger, then released. These people were dead serious.
Most of us continued our careers into the Air Force, myself into the Security Police, and others became pilots and missile men. The officer with us became a Congressman after retiring from the military.
I have not revealed this information ever, until now. What the hell, I’m 60 and dying of ((type of malady deleted)), what can they do to me?”
((END TEXT OF REPORT))
- Seattle (North Ballard), Washington State, Friday, May 31st, 2019, @ 01:30 a.m. (Pacific): An adult female, who describes herself as a nurse, was enjoying an early morning stroll around her neighborhood, when she reportedly became aware of the presence of an orange sphere, seen hovering across the street from her location. The witness alleges that as she was looking at the sphere, a “grey/green humanoid-type creature” raced up to the sphere and jumped into it from the side, at which point both the sphere and its presumed occupant, simply disappeared from the witnesss sight. Witness Report
Peter Davenport, Center Director, is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by Mr. George Noory, on Friday night, June 07th, 2019, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific). Peter will discuss several of the cases that have been submitted to NUFORC, over recent weeks, and which now are posted to the NUFORC website.
We will post again over the next several days, and will include a few interesting photographs that have been submitted to our Center recently.
Posted Friday afternoon, June 07th, 2019.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, MAY 09, 2019
We have updated our homepage, with the posting of 266 new, and/or recently revised, sighting reports, received by our Center since Thursday, April 25, 2019, via our Online Report Form. We had intended to refresh the site last week, May 3rd, but a member of our staff was traveling, which precluded our being able to update until today. We apologize to the regular visitors to our website for the delay in posting recent reports.
Whereas many of the reports appear to us to be very sincere and very well prepared, we wonder about a few of them, with regard to their authenticity. Consequently, we issue to those individuals who visit our site the same precautionary note as to the authenticity of some of the reports we have posted. Our objective in issuing the warning is twofold. First, we feel duty-bound to warn people about flawed reports and pranks, lest they inadvertently be “taken in” by a hoaxed report. The second reason is to “broadcast” to the world that we at NUFORC are fully cognizant of the fact that not all of the data we receive is worthy of acceptance at face value.
We highlight below a few of the recently received reports, which we believe deserve special attention.
- Macon, Georgia, Thursday, April 04, 2019, @ 6:55 a.m. (Eastern): An adult male reports being skeptical that a dramatic green “fireball,” which was seen from many points in the Southeastern U. S., was a meteor. He has forwarded an excellent, and detailed, report, as well as a very nice computer-generated graphic of what the object allegedly looked like from his vantage point, shown art right. We encourage anyone who might be interested in this widely reported incident to look at the excellent graphic he has provided, read his report, and read the other reports submitted for the same event. Witness Report
- Staunton, Virginia, Monday, May 06, 2019, @ 10:37 p.m. (Eastern): An adult female, who describes herself as a teacher in the arts, reports having witnessed a triangular craft that appeared to be hovering above, or on the other side of, a neighbor’s house for an estimated ten minutes. Witness Report
- Cincinnati, Ohio, Wednesday, May 08th, 2019, @ 9:15 p.m.. (Eastern): A male reports having witnessed a black, or dark gray, V-shaped craft, with 9-10 lights outlining the shape of the craft, pass overhead at very high speed, passing across most of the visible sky in. The witness estimated the altitude to have been 15,000-20,000′, and it was visible for an estimated 15-20 seconds. Witness Report
Peter Davenport is scheduled to appear on the nighttime radio program, Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, on Thursday night, May 09th, 2019, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific). Peter is scheduled to appear also on May 17th, 23rd, and May 31st, 2019, on the same program, and at the same time.
McMENAMINS UFO FESTIVAL
Peter will be away from the Center for several days next week, May 15-20, in order to attend the McMenamins UFO Festival, held in McMinnville, Oregon. The Festival has a wonderful slate of speakers, this year, and we invite everyone to join us there! Details about the Festival can be found here: https://ufofest.com/
Posted Thursday afternoon, May 09th, 2019.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, APRIL 18, 2019
We have just updated the NUFORC website, with the posting of 97 new sighting reports, which have been submitted to our Center since Friday afternoon, April 12th, 2019. In addition to those newly received reports, we have reposted seven older reports, which we have either corrected, or amended in one way or another.
Whenever we post new reports, we always post a cautionary note, urging visitors to our website to be on the lookout for flawed, or hoaxed, reports. Given the large number of prank telephone calls we are receiving over our UFO telephone Hotline, we strongly suspect that this unfortunate phenomenon is spilling over to our Online Report Form. We apologize for any flawed reports that appear on our website, but we are unable to control what people may submit to our Center.
We highlight below a few reports that have captured our attention:
- Apache Junction, Arizona, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, @ 6:00 p.m. (Pacific): An adult male reports witnessing a very small object, hovering seemingly motionless in the evening sky. The object remained visible until after sunset. ((NUFORC Note: Possibly a high-altitude, helium-filled balloon, we wonder? PD)) Witness Report
- Los Angeles, California, Sunday, April 14, 2019, @ 11:08 a.m. (Pacific): A person, who elects to remain anonymous, reports having witnessed a bright object in the morning sky above Los Angeles. Objects seems to the witness to appear, disappear, and then reappear multiple times. ((NUFORC Note: Possibly a high-altitude, helium-filled balloon, we wonder? PD)) Witness Report
- San Diego, California, Monday, April 15, 2019, @ 10:35 a.m. (Pacific): Three adults witness a very small object, hovering motionless, in the cloudless morning sky. High-quality photo provided by witness indicates a tiny, light-colored object, backdropped by a blue morning sky. ((NUFORC Note: Possibly a high-altitude, helium-filled balloon, we wonder? PD)) Witness Report
Peter Davenport, Director of NUFORC, is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by Mr. George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Thursday night, April 18, 2019. Peter will discuss the three cases highlighted above, in addition to several others.
Posted on Thursday evening, April 18, 2019.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, APRIL 12TH, 2019
The NUFORC website, last updated on April 8th, has been updated again as of this date, with the posting of approximately 70 new, and newly amended, reports. When reading the new reports, please be on the lookout for possible errors, and for reports that possibly are intended to intentionally hoax the reader.
A few of the reports that drew our attention, this week, are the following:
- Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho, September 15, 2017, @ 2:00 a.m. (Mountain): A husband and wife, while out rock hunting at night, both heard a very fast-moving “projectile” object pass overhead, and perhaps between their heads. The impression of the witnesses was that the they had heard the object approach them from across the nearby lake, and then make an steep ascent up the side of a nearby slope after it had passed by their position. Witness Report
- Salinas, California, Friday, April 5th, 2019, @ 1:00 a.m. (Pacific): An adult female reports witnessing a strange ball of light, containing an alien face, in her bedroom. The witness reports having been frightened by the experience, which also adversely affected her ability to fall asleep. Witness Report
- Hillsboro, Ohio, Thursday, April 11, 2019, W 7:00 p.m. (Eastern): An anonymous witness reports that three members of his/her family had been witness to two triangular objects, which allegedly circled above familys home. One of the craft had an estimated seven blinking lights on it, and the second had three. One of the craft remained in the lead, as the objects circled in the sky. Witness Report
San Antonio, Texas, Thursday, April 11, 2019, @ 9:15 p.m. (Central): An adult couple pulled into the parking lot of their apartment complex, and suddenly became aware of three very large “red-orange” orbs floating nearby in the night sky. After approximately two minutes, the lights extinguished sequentially, leaving nothing in the sky that was visible. Witness Report
Peter Davenport, Director of the National UFO Reporting Center, is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by Mr. George Noory, on Friday night, April 12, 2019, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific).
We will update the website again next week.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON MONDAY, APRIL 08th, 2019
The NUFORC homepage has been updated, as of this date, April 08th, 2019, with the posting of 121 new reports, received since the morning of Friday, March 29, 2019.
We always advise visitors to our website to be on the lookout for flawed reports, or even reports that appear to be out-and-out hoaxes. Our Center is receiving a large number of prank calls over its Hotline, and we are suspicious that the phenomenon may well spill over to the written reports that are submitted via our Online Report Form.
Some of the reports that have captured our attention, over recent weeks, are the following:
- Los Angeles, California, Thursday, February 26, 1942, @ 2:25 a.m. (Pacific): An adult male, an experienced pilot, with a lifelong interest in aviation from childhood, recounts his witnessing, together with members of his family, the so-called “Battle of Los Angeles” event, thought by many to have been UFO-related. However, the witness reported via telephone that he believes that the objects fired on by anti-aircraft guns looked more like terrestrial aircraft, even though they seemed to hover practically motionless in the early morning sky. The witness has expressed his willingness to submit a more detailed report. Witness Report
- Helena, Montana, Thursday, March 28th, 2019, @ 1:00 a.m. (MDT): An adult female develops a feeling of unease, at which time, she becomes aware of a peculiar light above her home. Shortly after the appearance of the strange light, she and her boyfriend watch the object as it begins to give off different colored lights, at which time, a “growling” sound begins to emanate from the strange looking object. At one point, the bedroom of the female observer filled with “fluorescent” colored light. Witness Report
- Beachwood, New Jersey, Monday, April 01st, 2019, @ 1:30 a.m. (Eastern): A woman peers out her bedroom window and it stunned to see what at first she thought was a meteor in the morning sky. However, she quickly became alarmed by the display, when she realized that the object was not moving across the sky, but rather, was hovering motionless. The object split into three large parts, which continued to float in the nighttime sky, after which their luminescence was seen by the witness to suddenly increase. The objects changed colors, and then “disappeared into nothingness.” Witness Report
- Fairfield, California, Monday, April 01st, 2019, @ 1:55 a.m. (Pacific): A witness reports hearing a peculiar “pulsing and rotating low noise” apparently coming from the sky for approximately 20 minutes. ((Note: Over recent months, NUFORC has received a number of reports of peculiar sounds apparently emanating from the sky, during both night and day. PD)) Witness Report
- Southeastern United States, Thursday, April 04th, 2019, @ 6:50 a.m. (EDT): Individuals located in Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Tennessee, and perhaps other states report witnessing a “green fireball,” which streaked from west to east over the southeastern U. S.. Video of the event appears to be consistent with a classic dramatic meteor, although many of those who witnessed the event claim that, in their opinion, the object was not a meteor. Please see multiple reports for the early morning of the indicated date. Witness Report
We will update the website again, later during this week.
Posted Monday afternoon, April 08, 2019.
NUFORC DATABASE OF SIGHTING REPORTS UPDATE ON MARCH 21ST AND 29TH
Because Peter Davenport, Center Director, was out of town last week, we were able to complete an update of only our database of sighting reports. We are still attempting to catch up with the accumulated workload, and will update only the database of reports again today. We plan to update the homepage again over the upcoming weekend, with the posting of some highlighted reports, as well as some illustrations and photographs.
However, in brief, we would like to call peoples attention to the interesting event that occurred over the reports from the states of Georgia, Tennessee, and Kentucky on the morning of Friday, March 29, 2019. Some witnesses to the event have claimed that the object they witnessed during that event was boomerang-shaped, which is altogether incompatible with a meteor. If anyone reading this statement was witness to that event, we would like to invite the witness to submit a detailed report, using our Online Report Form on this website.
We will update again sometime during the upcoming weekend.
Posted Friday afternoon, March 29, 2019.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON MARCH 15 AND MARCH 16, 2019
We have updated the NUFORC database, both yesterday, and today, with the posting of 143 new sighting reports, received via our Online Report Form.
Given the high volume of “prank” telephone calls we are receiving over our telephone Hotline, and given the recent apparent increase in the number of obviously hoaxed written reports being submitted via the report form, we suspect that among those reports we have posted this week, there probably are some prank reports that we have failed to detect. Consequently, we urge visitors to our website to be discriminating with regards to which reports they accept uncritically.
We highlight below a few reports, from those we have posted recently, that we found to be unusually intriguing:
- Savannah, Georgia, Saturday, March 09, 2019, 1:00 a.m. (Eastern): An adult female reports that as she was driving to the west at approximately 70 mph, she spotted a very large “boomerang-shaped” object, which apparently was either hovering in the sky, or moving very slowly to the east, toward the downtown area of Savannah. Witness Report
- North Woodstock, New Hampshire, Sunday, March 10, 2019, @ 10:15 a.m. (Eastern): As a father and daughter were driving, the daughters attention was drawn to appeared to be a highly reflective, metallic colored disc, that she and her father estimated was hovering at an altitude of approximately 150 feet above ground level. After the two witnesses have viewed the object for approximately 30 seconds, at which time, it began to move, and disappeared from their sight. Witness Report
- Lakewood, Washington, Monday, March 11, 2019, @ 9:15 a.m. (Pacific): A young male reports allegedly having witnessed to highly reflective, metallic looking, “orbs” streak across the morning sky, which appeared to the witness to be playing “follow the leader,” while traveling across the sky at a very high (angular) velocity. The witness estimated that the objects may have been 3-5 feet in diameter. The sighting lasted approximately 8-10 seconds. Witness Report
- Vero Beach/Palm Bay/Palmetto, Florida, Thursday, March 14, 2019, @ 8:45 p.m. (Eastern): Multiple witnesses, located in adjoining cities, report having witnessed what most of them estimated to be approximately 50-100 bright white, and amber, lights, seen both hovering, and maneuvering, in the nighttime sky. At one point during the sighting, the objects appeared to gather together in a tight cluster. Several reports from different witnesses are posted. Witness Report
22ND ANNIVERSARY OF THE “PHOENIX LIGHTS” EVENT OF THURSDAY, MARCH 13, 1997
We encourage visitors to our site to read some of the reports that were submitted by witnesses to the “Phoenix Lights” event, which occurred 22 years ago, Thursday night, March 13, 1997.
Link to reports from March 1997
Also, we provide below a link to Peters 8-minute long appearance on Coast to Coast AM, then hosted by Art Bell, in which the host and guest discuss the calls that both of them had received on the night of the broadcast from multiple witnesses in the Phoenix, Arizona, area, and from surrounding communities, and neighboring states.
Link to audio clip of interview of Peter Davenport with Art Bell [Clip provided by Mr. Giuliano Marinkovic.]
Peter Davenport, Director of NUFORC, is scheduled to make a 30-minute appearance on Night Dreams Talk Radio, hosted by Mr. Michael W. Hall, aka “the Paranormal Attorney,” on Saturday night, March 16, 2019, at approximately 7:00 p.m. (Pacific). Peter will discuss his recent appearance at the Quinault UFO/Paranormal Conference, held on the weekend of March 1-3, 2019, in Ocean Shores, Washington. Also, he will discuss some of the more interesting reports that have been posted to our website recently. The radio program is distributed over the internet via a podcast format, and can be accessed here
Posted on Friday evening, March 15, 2019.
PETER DAVENPORT, DIRECTOR OF NUFORC, WILL BE OUT OF TOWN FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS, IN ORDER TO ATTEND THE QUINAULT UFO CONFERENCE AT OCEAN SHORES, WASHINGTON.
THE TELEPHONE HOTLINE WILL BE MONITORED REMOTELY WHILE PETER IS TRAVELING. WE WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL IF YOU WOULD PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CALLING THE HOTLINE DURING PETERS ABSENCE, EXCEPT FOR THE MOST URGENT BUSINESS. IF YOU BELIEVE YOU MAY HAVE BEEN WITNESS TO A UFO SIGHTING, WE WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOU TO SUBMIT A DETAILED WRITTEN REPORT, USING OUR ONLINE REPORT FORM. WE WILL POST YOUR REPORT, TOGETHER WITH THE OTHER REPORTS FOUND IN OUR DATABASE OF CASES.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATE ON FRIDAY, MARCH 1, 2019
We have updated our website as of this date, with the posting of approximately 52 reports that have been received via our Online Report Form since Friday afternoon, February 22, 2019. A few of the cases that attracted our attention are the following:
- Birmingham, Alabama, Monday, February 18, 2019, @ 9:30 p.m. (EST): A husband and wife witness 14 strangely lighted objects pass overhead, each traveling in the same flight path as the others. The husband is a retired FBI Special Agent. Witness Report
- Millinocket, Maine, Saturday, February 23, 2019, @ 7:00 p.m. (EST): A husband and wife witness a self-luminous, egg-shaped object move rapidly across the nighttime sky. It appeared to leave a faint trail behind it. Witness Report
- Little Lorraine, Nova Scotia, Saturday, February 23, 2019 @ 7:45 p.m. (local): A husband and wife witness a very peculiar looking orange light that moved rapidly across the nighttime sky. During the brief, 10-second sighting, the object changed color from orange, to red, and back to orange. The peculiar object appeared to the witnesses to leave an orange, “flame colored,” streak across the sky. Witness Report
Peter is scheduled to make his regular weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, on Friday night, March 01st, 2019, at approximate 10:15 p.m..
Posted Thursday, February 28, 2019.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22ND, 2019
The NUFORC homepage and database of sighting reports has been updated, as of this date, bringing the number of reports in our database to 125,535. Of those reports, 118,500 are posted publicly to our website. The reports that are not posted are either obvious hoaxes, or defective in one way or another, and are not acceptable for public consumption, in the opinion of our staff.
On the subject of defective reports, we always go out of our way to label those reports that we are suspicious of, and we urge visitors to our website to be discriminating in what the believe from some of the reports. However, despite the fact that some of the new reports may be defective, or may even intentional hoaxes, we believe that possibility does not serve to detract from the many seemingly excellent reports that are posted to our site, and which appear on our website today for the first time. In support of our belief on that point, we highlight below a few reports that appear to us to be highly reliable, and which exemplify the caliber of report that we enjoy receiving:
- Lexington, Kentucky, July 1993 (exact date unknown), @ 12:00 p.m. (local): As two 10-year old girls are playing, and sketching on a sidewalk, they become aware of a shadow that passes over them. They look up, and see an unusual that appeared to be highly reflective, and the surface of which appeared to “ripple.” One of the two witnesses, and the source of the report, is a retired law enforcement officer. Witness Report They provided the sketch above.
- Sabattas, Maine, Friday, February 08, 2019, @ 5:04 p.m. (Eastern): While driving home, an adult female, who describes herself as a former Law Enforcement Intelligence analyst, witnessed a puff of smoke in the sky, which attracts her interest. As she drives a bit further up the road she is on, and crests a hill in front of her, she gets a better look at the object, and sees a ball of orange-colored “flame,” which suggested to her that the object might be either an aircraft in distress, or a meteor, but she quickly realizes that neither explanation fits what she is looking at. As the object hovers over a nearby field, its appearance changes dramatically, and it becomes a gray, elongated oval-shaped craft. Approximately 6-10 other cars had stopped because of the object, and their occupants apparently were as shocked by the appearance of the object as the first witness was. The object then appeared to tip one edge up ad ascended laterally across the sky, disappearing from sight in a very short period of time. Witness Report
Peter Davenport, Director of NUFORC, is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on the radio program, Coast to Coast AM, hosted by Mr. George Noory, on Friday night, February 22, 2019, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific). Peter will discuss the two reports highlighted above, as well as several other interesting reports that have been submitted over the past week.
Peter will not appear this week on Night Dreams Talk Radio this weekend, since its host, Michael W. Hall, who bills himself as the “Paranormal Attorney,” will be traveling over the weekend, and will not broadcast on Saturday night, February 23. We expect that Michael will be back to his broadcast schedule in the near future.
Posted Friday evening, February 22nd, 2019.
NUFORC WEBSITE AND DATABASE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2019
The NUFORC website has been updated as of this date with the posting to our database of cases 70 new sighting reports that have been submitted via our Online Report Form since Thursday afternoon, February 7th. We encourage visitors to our site to remain on the lookout for possibly flawed reports, or outright attempts to hoax the reader.
Some of the reports that captured our attention are the following:
- Seattle (near Sea-Tac Airport), Washington, July 1986, @ ~ 00:00 hrs. (Pacific): Two young boys, while camping outdoors, are awakened by a 20 diameter disk that passes directly overhead. After one of the boys was chastised by his father for lying, the two witnesses never spoke about the incident again, until they were adults. Their recollections of the incident differ slightly, but they both remember the event clearly. Witness Report
- Silverton, Oregon, Thursday, February 07, 2019, @ 5:30 p.m. (Pacific): A mother submitted a report on behalf of her 15-year old daughter, who witnessed a strange craft pass overhead. The daughter was feeding her horses, when both the horses and her farm dog began to act strangely. Then, the young woman became aware that something was moving overhead, and scraping the tops of the surrounding trees. The object moved to the northern sky, where the witness observed a pink glow, that she thought might have been related to the strange craft. Witness Report
Peter Davenport, Director of the National UFO Reporting Center, is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on the radio program, Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Thursday, February 14, 2019. Coast to Coast AM can be heard anywhere in the U. S., and internationally, on local AM stations.
Peter is scheduled also scheduled to make what has become a weekly appearance on Night Dreams Talk Radio, hosted by Mr. Michael W. Hall, who bills himself as “The Paranormal Attorney,” at 7:05 p.m. (Pacific) on Saturday, February 16, 2019. The broadcast can be heard over the internet on the website, www.nightdreamstalkradio.com.
Posted Thursday evening, February 14, 2019.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 07, 2019
The NUFORC homepage, and database of sighting reports, have been updated as of this date. The database contains 57 new written reports, submitted to our Center since Friday afternoon, February 1st.
We always caution visitors to our site to be on the constant lookout for reports that are flawed, either because of honest errors, or because they may be attempts to hoax the reader. We proofread all submitted reports, before posting them, and either remove, or properly label, all reports that we are suspicious of, but we suspect that we fail to detect all the flawed reports.
We highlight below a few of the many interesting reports that have been posted on this date:
- Sandpoint, Idaho, Saturday, February 02, 2019, @ 6:00 p.m. (Mountain): A husband and wife, while sitting in their hot tub, witnessed a “yellow, oblong-shaped” object pass overhead at a modest pace. The object was below solid clouds, and was visible for approximately one minute. It did not exhibit any type of red, green, or white light, which would have been the case for a flying object of terrestrial origin, with legally required aircraft lights. Witness Report
- Flamingo (Everglades N. P.), Florida, Friday, February 01, 2019, @ 10:00 a.m. (Eastern): An adult male, who describes himself as a medical specialist, witnessed an object in the morning sky, which he at first thought was a helium-filled mylar balloon. However, the longer he looked at the object, which appeared to oscillate between blue and purple in color, the more the witness began to believe that it was not reflecting sunlight, but rather was self-luminous. The witness reports that the object rose to cloud level, entered the clouds, and disappeared from his sight. Witness Report
- Madison, Connecticut, Wednesday, February 06, 2019, @ 6:38 a.m. (Eastern): An adult male, who describes himself as an engineer, and who appears to have a very responsible job, while driving to work, witnessed a peculiar, spherical “white cloud with a tail,” which hovered in the southern sky for approximately 20 minutes. The cloud did not appear to the witness to be a contrail behind a high-altitude aircraft, and he did not think it was the smoky trail left by a meteor. Witness Report
Peter Davenport, Director of NUFORC, is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Thursday, February 07, 2019. Peter will discuss the reports shown above, and several others from among the newly posted reports.
Posted on Thursday afternoon, February 07, 2019.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 01, 2019
We have updated our website, as of this date, with the posting of 111 new, or recently amended, UFO sighting reports. As visitors to our site read through the reports, we urge them to be alert to the possibility that some of the reports may be flawed, and some may even be overt attempts to hoax the reader. Please be discriminating in what information you accept at face value!
We usually try to include in our updates photos, video, illustrations, or a group of highlighted cases. However, due to the fact that Peter Davenport, Center Director, is temporarily “under the weather” with a cold and fever, we are going to make this a short posting this week. We will attempt to post more material over the weekend, or when he is once again feeling up to the task.
Peter is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on Friday night, February 01st, 2019. Peter will talk about some of the cases that NUFORC has received over the past week.
Posted Friday evening, February 01, 2019.
NUFORC DATABASE UPDATED ON JANUARY 17 AND JANUARY 24
The NUFORC database of sighting reports was updated on January 17, with the posting of 75 newly received reports, and is updated again, as of the current date, with the posting of 85 reports, received over the past week since our January 17 posting.
We always caution visitors to our website, as they read through the reports, to be on the alert for flawed reports, or even out-and-out hoaxes. Also, those reports that indicate a sighting duration of longer than a few minutes should be scrutinized particularly closely, as should those reports submitted by sources who elect to remain anonymous, and who provide no contact information. We always attempt to label reports from anonymous sources, but we may overlook some of that category of report, so please be discriminating, as you read through the reports.
A few of the more interesting cases we highlight below:
- Austin, Texas, Sunday, January 20, 2019, @ 1:00 p.m. (Central): An adult male reports having witnessed a highly reflective, metallic, sphere-shaped object in the daytime sky. After the witnessed had observed the peculiar object for just a few seconds, the object suddenly began to accelerate to the left, then the right, and then back left again, and seemed to shoot off into the sky, all in a matter of a few seconds. Witness Report
- Austin, Texas, Sunday, January 20, 2019, @ 11:17 p.m. (Central): A adult male was outside, watching the “Blood Moon” lunar eclipse, when he noted what he first thought was a meteor, streaking across the nighttime sky. The “meteor” quickly burned out, at which time the witness reports suddenly seeing two triangular shaped craft, in seemingly unwavering formation, move across the sky quite quickly. The triangular craft were visible to the witness for only about five seconds, before disappearing from his sight. Witness Report
- Tucson, Arizona, Tuesday, January 22, 2019, @ 11:07 p.m. (Mountain): A seemingly quite capable young woman, while driving north toward the Catalina Mountains, witnesses seven bright white lights, then realizes that they are attached to a quite large craft that was hovering motionless in the night sky. The object/craft proceeded slowly to the southeast, and witness turned her car around, in attempt to follow it. However, she reports that it just seemed to have disappeared from sight. Witness Report
- Burleson, Texas, Wednesday, January 23rd, @ 10:48 p.m. (Central): Two witnesses, while driving on Rendon Crowley Road, witness a cluster of lights that appear to be hovering motionless in the nighttime sky. ((NUFORC Note: The report is not posted to the NUFORC database of sightings, so we provide the original text of the “raw” report below. We recommend that readers look at the interesting video, posted to YouTube, a link to which is provided in the report by the witness. We are unable to certify that the object is an authentic alien spacecraft, although we find the video to be quite intriguing. PD))
100 Date: 01/23/19
110 Time: 22:48
120 Duration: 15 minutes
130 Sighting City: Burleson
140 Sighting State: TX
150 Sighting Zip: 76028
160 Sighting County: Johnson
170 Witnesses: 2
172 Shape: Changing
168 Number of Craft: 6
180 Description: 6 flickering red/white lights linked together in a broken “V,” converged to form a hexagon, then flew away.
190 Description: Driving down I-35 westbound and Rendon Crowley Rd., next to Texas Health Huguley Hospital, I was on the phone with my girlfriend, driving ahead of me, and we both witness strange red/white flashing lights in the sky a little in the distance. We drove parallel to these lights and it looked like they were linked in a chain together 3 lights majority stay red followed by one majority staying white, then 2 more majority red (still flickering the opposite color red to white or white to red). They formed a broken V-shape, while spread out seemingly linked together somehow. I wanted a better look so we exited the highway, turned around, and then came into the view of the strange lights. They were remaining still the first time we drove by them. As we approached they seemed to form a hexagonal shape, and started to glow the same color, but would randomly flicker the opposite light individually (red to white). As we got closer to the spot we first witness them, they drifted away further and further ahead. I recorded this video below.
Background: I don’t have any UFO viewing experiences, but have always wanted to see something out of the ordinary. Absolutely love watching documentaries about UFO’s. I had some slight doubt at first. Just so absolutely happy I was finally able to witness this wonderful event. 25 years old, white male, manage an electronic retail store.
Peter Davenport, Director of NUFORC, is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by Mr. George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Thursday night, January 24th, 2019. Peter will discuss the cases highlighted above, as well as several other interesting sightings that occurred during the recent lunar eclipse of January 20th.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 11, 2019
We have updated the NUFORC website, as of this date, with the posting of 143 reports that have either been revised, or received, since the afternoon of January 04th, 2019.
We have attempted to label all those reports that have been submitted by anonymous sources, but we may have missed a few, during a hurried process of proof-reading of each new report, this week. At every new posting, we encourage visitors to our site to be on the lookout for reports that appear to be either flawed, or suspicious, for one reason or another.
We highlight below a few of the more interesting reports that have been submitted recently:
- Hurricane, West Virginia, Monday, January 07, 2019, @ 7:32 p.m. (EST): A husband and wife witness a distinctly green move very rapidly overhead, and above clouds. The witnesses estimated that the apparent size of the object in the evening sky was approximately half that of a full Moon, and that it passed from the southern sky, to the northern horizon, in well under a minute, remaining above the local cloud cover the whole while. The witnesses believe that the object probably was not a meteor. Witness Report
- West Seneca, New York, Thursday, January 10, 2019, @ 18:10 p.m. (EST): A husband and wife, while walking their dog, witness a “tear-shaped” object hovering motionless in the nighttime sky. They estimated that the object, gray in color, was approximately the size of a baseball diamond, and that it was hovering not more than 50 feet above nearby trees. The witnesses assert that the object just disappeared before their eyes. Witness Report
Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director, is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on the Coast to Coast AM program, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Friday, January 11, 2019. Peter will discuss the two reports above, plus several others.
Posted on Friday afternoon, January 11, 2019.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATE ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 04, 2019
We have updated the NUFORC website, as of this date, with the posting of 206 new sighting reports, submitted to our Center since Friday, December 14, 2018. A few of those cases we highlight below. We apologize to regular visitors to our site for the long delay in our updating over the Christmas and New Years Holiday.
Because of the high volume of prank calls we currently are receiving over our Hotline typically dozens per day we suspect that the same problem may spill over to the stream of incoming written reports. We have attempted to detect and eliminate prank reports, but we suspect that we may not have detected all of them this week. Consequently, we caution visitors to our website, as we invariably do, to be on the alert for reports that may not seem entirely authentic. Those reports that deserve special scrutiny are those that have been submitted by individuals who elect to remain anonymous, and who often provide no contact information. However, there are, nevertheless, many excellent reports, submitted by anonymous parties, that deserve a readers attention, so a anonymous report is not necessarily unreliable.
We list below a few reports that we view to be of particular interest:
- Boise, Idaho, Tuesday, January 01, 2019, @ 2:30 a.m. (Mountain Standard Time): A young woman observes six bright red and orange lights drifting across the nighttime sky. She succeeds in photographing three of them. ((NUFORC Note: We have not spoken with the witness yet, but will soon, and will request copies of the photos. PD)) Witness Report
- Easthampton, Massachusetts, Wednesday, January 03, 2019, @ 5:20 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time): A woman, while driving home from work, witnessed three intensely bright white lights, the center one of which was pulsating slowly, all three of which appeared to be hovering in the direction of the Connecticut River. Shortly after first noticing the lights, the woman was able to see that the lights were attached to a craft, that appeared to the witness to be quite large. Witness Report She supplied the graphic at right.
We are posting under some time pressure, but will update the website again in the near future, and will provide other illustrations and photographs, once they have arrived at our headquarters.
Posted on Friday afternoon, January 04th, 2019.